At Erin Fetherson’s F/W 2014 New York Fashion Week show, models channeled beauties of yesteryear with a makeup look that was 60′s gone modern and hair that felt reminiscent of the late 30′s and early 40′s.
• To create a clean canvas, OCC Skin: Conceal was applied to the face.
• For that gorgeous cat eye, Lottie used OCC’s John Doe and Bauhaus Creme Colour Concentrates on the lids, then lined eyes with Black Pure Cosmetic Pigment.
• Newt and John Doe Creme Colour Concentrates add a hint of color and contour along the cheek bones.
• The look was finished off with OCC Lip Tar: Matte in Lament, a pretty neutral the line will be debuting in Fall 2014.
• On second day hair, establish a side angled part and section off a piece of hair that you will later use for a swooped bang.
• Beginning at the crown, section hair into 4 pieces. Lightly spray Salon Grafix Play It Big! Touchable Hairspray at the base of each section. On both sides backcomb each section to about an inch high creating a volumized crown. Smooth it all down gently with a comb or boar bristle brush.
• To form your swooped bang, bring the parted off section of hair into the remainder of the hair using one or two bobby pins for security. The bottom of the swoop should fall directly above the brow.
• Pull hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck. Create added texture and volume to the pony tail by lightly spraying Salon Grafix Play It Big! Dry Shampoo (based to match hair color: black, blonde, brown or clear) into the pony tail and with your hand gently scrunching hair.
• To complete the style tie a silk ribbon around the ponytail creating a subtle bow. Spray Salon Grafix Play It Big! Firmer Hold Hairspray on entire look to lock it in.
At which NYFW show do you wish you could have had a front row seat? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.