Trends come and go (does anyone remember the year celebs were working the Snooki pouf on the Emmy red carpet?) but A-list hair guru Lea Journo of Lea Journo Salon in Beverly Hills predicts TV’s most talented ladies will be donning some truly classic coifs this Monday at the 2014 Emmy Awards. Check out Lea’s picks and advice for achieving the looks yourself.
The Faux Bob
• Towel Dry Hair
• Add 3 pumps of mousse through out the hair (Brilliant Sea Silk Mousse, $28; Nordstrom.com)
• When dry add a little glossing cream for shine (Mirroir Glossing Cream, $26; Sephora.com)
• Curl hair in some places only if needed
• Gather hair in a low pony tail and flip it inside and adjust the hair around your face, pulls some strands out around the neck and side
• If you have bangs, twist them into a loose braid along your hairline on top of your head for an added touch.
• For maximum shine, softness, and volume – rub a few pumps of sea silk mousse
• Really towel dry the hair and then blow dry with a diffuser to avoid frizz.
• Add a little glossing cream to the hair and ends for shine.
• Randomly add some loose curls with a curling iron.
• Finish with with a texturizing sea salt spray and loosen curls and product with your hands (Sel de Mer Texturizing Sea Salt Spray, $28 at LeaJournoShop.com).
Sleek Sides with Volume
• Blow dry hair.
• Add mousse for body and volume to the crown of your head.
• Tease a section at the top of your head, and smooth it over with a brush.
• Finish off with glossing cream to slick down the sides.
• This can be worn down or in a low bun.
Whose beauty look are you mot excited to see at Monday’s Emmy Awards? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.