For curly girls, finding the right styling mousse can be life-changing. But sometimes a great product isn’t enough—applying it the right way can maximize its effectiveness. Herbal Essences celebrity hair stylist Charles Baker Strahan explains the best way to apply a product like the line’s new Naked Volumizing Souffle.
• Apply Herbal Essences Naked Volumizing Soufflé to very wet hair.
• Put a golf ball size amount into the palm of your hands and then rub your palms together to emulsify the product. Use your palms almost as your palette—dip your fingers into your palm to pick up the product and then rub it at the scalp. The roots require the most product to lift and provide volume.
•Wring out the remaining moisture from the hair, allowing the water to carry the product evenly through the hair.
• Shake the hair allowing the curl tendrils to form—don’t brush or detangle, this will only loosen the curl and create frizz.
• To dry the hair, use a basket diffuser on a high heat and low wind speed—this will help get the hair dry without losing the shape of the curls.
• Let your hair completely dry before you touch it! If you have any frizz or flyaways, using a curling iron will help smooth and seal the curls to leave them frizz-free.
What is your go-to hair styling product? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.