Sofia Vergara took to the Emmy red carpet Monday night in her bombshell style sporting some seriously shiny strands and a sexy makeup look. Want to replicate the style? You can do it affordably with products from Head & Shoulders and Cover Girl.
Sofia’s stylist Kylee Heath gave the actress silky, shiny straight strands.
1. Start with Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky for a flake-free part and 24-hour frizz control.
2. Create a straight center part on damp hair.
3. Blow dry the top front section, away from your face, with a boar bristle round brush. Roll the section under itself and pin into place to cool.
4. Blow dry the rest of your hair in two square inch sections and pin each section in place then wait for all sections to cool. Once cool, take out each section and brush it.
5. With a 1 ½ inch curling iron, add a slight bend to the shorter front layers.
6. Finish by spraying with light hairspray for extra hold.
Sofia’s makeup artist gave her a retro lip and a fresh modern eye. With the white and silver dress, white diamonds and simple hair, the makeup called for a pop of color.
I used a short-haired buffing foundation brush to really buff the foundation, truBLEND Liquid Foundation in Classic Tan D-4, into the skin. I then used a touch of bronzer (Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices) on the forehead, cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose. I added a pop of blush, Clean Glow Blush in Peaches, on the apples of the cheeks to give the look some warmth.
I avoided any liner and kept the eyes simple by applying Queen Collection Shadow Pot in Dazzle in a cat eye shape. I applied two coats of Clump Crusher by LashBlast Mascara on both the top and the bottom which gave the eyes more structure without looking too heavy.
OK! News: Check Out All the Celebs on the Emmys Red Carpet
The focus was really about the lip, so I needed a long lasting lip product that would last all night through the red carpet, award show AND parties. I didn’t want the lip to look too dry so I chose Outlast All Day Lipcolor in Ever-Reddy as it is super pigmented and would give that punch of color while still looking like a shiny candy apple! I lined the lip with a matching pencil, LipPerfection Lipliner in Passion.
Whose red carpet look really blew you away? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.