At the Los Angeles premiere of The Way Way Back, Carrie Diaries star AnnaSophia Robb stunned in an eighties-inspired dress paired with a sweetly braided updo. TRESemmé celeb stylist John D. created the look for the actress and offers up his step-by-step instructions for recreating the romantic ‘do at home:
• Liberally apply TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Blow Dry Lotion onto washed and towel dried hair to build texture and add body to the hair while styling. Then, roughly blow-dry the hair using your hands.
• Once hair is dry, give the hair a side part off to the left. Section the hair into two parts—one section going from the side part, over the crown and to the right ear (the “front” section) and one section going from just behind the other ear to the nape of the neck (the “back” section).
• Begin braiding the front section, incorporating hair from around the hairline into the braid as you go along. Work the braid just over the ear and to the back center of the head, and fasten with an elastic.
• Then, braiding the back section of the head, continuing to incorporate the hair from the section as the braid moves along, finishing it off at the nape of the neck. Fasten this section of hair with another elastic.
• This sectioning of the braids should leave the braids finishing one just on top of the other at the back of the head.
• To complete the style, rough up the braids a bit to create some romantic wisps. Continue to fasten the braids right at the nape of the neck using hair pins.
• Finish off the style and lock the look into place by spraying TRESemmé Tres Two Ultra Fine Mist Hairspray all over the hair to make sure the style holds all night.
What’s your favorite summer hair trend? Share yours in the comments below or tweet @OKMagazine.