Why is Hailee Steinfeld so happy at Monday night’s Met Gala? She’s rockin’ chic, fabulous hair—that’s why!
Celebrity hair stylist Matthew Monzon created the sleek look for the teen, who will be starring in Pitch Perfect 2, and drew inspiration from her Prabal Gurung gown.
“She had buttons all the way up her back and a high neckline, so I wanted to pull her hair up into a bun that was a little tighter and more structured to really pull together the full look,” says Matthew.
Matthew offers up his how-to tips so you can create Hailee’s look at home:
· Spray Herbal Essences Set Me Up Heat Protection Spray throughout the hair to protect from heat styling.
· Take a quarter size amount of Herbal Essences Naked Volumizing Soufflé and run through hair from root to tip to give hair a boost of lightweight volume.
· Blow dry the hair with a large paddle brush to create a smooth but voluminous finish.
· Create a straight center part and pull the hair over the top of her ears into two ponytails side by side at the nape of the neck.
· Twist the hair of one ponytail somewhat flat to the head and start to pin the bun.
· Continue to twist and pin the other ponytail, wrapping the hair around the other bun while still maintaining a flatter shape.
· Finish with the Herbal Essences Set Me Up Medium Hold Hairspray to lock in the style while still leaving hair soft and shiny.
Who was your Met Gala standout this year? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.