Once Upon a Time’s Jennifer Morrison hit up the Toronto International Film Festival to promote her film August: Osage County and we love the messy bun she sported on the red carpet. Hair stylist Ryan Trygstad breaks down how he created the look:
• I started Jennifer’s hair first by blowing it out with Oribe Thickening Mousse.
• Once her hair was completely dry, we layered in Oribe Dry Texturing Spray at the root. This adds great texture and modality to hair that is being put in an up-do.
• Then we make a high pony at the very top of her head, almost more forward than you would think.
• Next we rolled a twist, keeping the hair messy and sexy. We wanted a very loose, young look for this outfit—nothing to perfect or serious.
• I secured the messy bun into place with large french bobby pins. Then finished the style using a hairspray like White Sands Infinity Finishing Spray.
What’s your go-to hair look? Tell us in the comments below or tweet @OKMagazine.