New York humidity be damned, nothing was going to get in the way of Olivia Wilde and her frizz-free waves Monday night when she jammed from The Late Show with David Letterman to the premiere of her flick Third Person.
Olivia’s stylist Rebekah Forecast gave the actress’ lengthy locks a boost between stops by working with her hair’s natural texture.
“It’s sticky and humid out, so I didn’t want her hair to look or feel too heavy or weighed down,” said Rebekah. “I wanted to give her a style that enhanced her natural wave and looked smooth and effortless.”
Rebekah breaks down how to achieve Olivia’s look at home:
1. Part dry hair down the center and mist with the Herbal Essences Tea-Lightfully Clean Blow Dry Prep Mist to get hair damp while also adding in a bit of moisture.
2. Work 1-2 pumps of Herbal Essences The Sleeker the Butter Smooth & Creamy Hair Milk through the ends to lock out humidity and leave hair smooth and nourished.
3. Blow dry hair on low heat, working your hands through your hair as you dry it to help enhance your natural wave.
4. Spray the Herbal Essences Set Me Up Medium Hold Hairspray before using the curling iron to help seal in the wave.
5. Take two inch sections of the hair and wrap the mid-shafts around the barrel of a 1.5” curling iron. If you have two different size curling irons, you can alternate between them to create more depth.
6.After curling each section, work 3-4 pumps of the Herbal Essences Moroccan Me a Miracle 7-in-1 Serum through the ends of the hair to add shine while smoothing frizz and protecting against humidity.
How do you cope with the season’s coif-killing humidity? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.