American Hustle promises to be one hot movie, so Amy Adams required an equally sizzling look for the film’s Los Angeles premiere. Decked out in a black and white graphic printed David Koma dress, makeup artist Stephen Sollitto set out to create a “bold, unabashed look” for Amy.
“I always try to incorporate a color or style from the dress into the makeup look,” he says. “Although this dress is simple black and white, a bold, overall look with a strong eye spoke to me.”
Here’s what he did:
For illuminated, flawless skin:
• Stephen first moisturized the skin using RéVive Sensitif Renewal Cream Daily Cellular Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen.
• Then he applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Hydrating all over Amy’s face.
• Next, he applied the product he “recommends to everyone,” Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Natural), which enhanced Adams’ complexion, but allowed her “skin to breathe.”
• He used Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Praline to“warm her skin” and create a “perfect, neutral cheek.”
For glossy, neutral lips:
• Stephen applied Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Café to create a simple, but prominent, pout.
For strong, bold eyes:
• First, Stephen applied Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Twinkling Star which provides a soft-sparkle effect, brilliantly reflecting the lights on the red carpet.
• Next, he applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Twilight on her upper and lower lash line and all over her eyelid. He blended the shade using an eye shadow brush, creating a light, but dramatic smoky eye to complement Amy’s dress.
• Using Laura Mercier Graphic Liquid Eyeliner he cleanly lined Amy’s upper and lower lash line. He then brushed Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner in Gunmetal Smoke all over the eyelid, softening the dark tone of the eyeliner. He then applied Dior Diorshow Blackout Mascara to her upper and lower lashes.
• Adding the final touch, he gently brushed one stroke of Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Crystal Fantasy, a “frosty-mint” hue, to her inner eyelids adding light to the corners of her eyes.
Will you see American Hustle when it opens in theaters? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.