Keri Russell looked radiant on the red carpet of her new flick Dawn of the Planet of the Apes with beautiful, glowing skin. Celebrity makeup artist Tina Turnbow created her makeup look and shares all of her pro secrets right here.
• I began by having Keri cleanse her skin to start with a clean slate. Next, I took Juara’s Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner on a cotton ball and applied it all over her face letting it settle in. It helped to close her pores and prep her skin for the moisturizer.
• Since Keri likes a dewy, glowy look, moisturizing is a really important step to the look we want to achieve. I used Juara’s Sweet Black Tea & Rice Facial Moisturizer and massaged it in really well. Then, I used the Sweet Black Tea Eye Crème and applied it on top of the cheekbones, this really helps to hydrate and give it a nice glow. I rely a lot on products that have a lot of hydration to give the skin that plump, luminescent look and Juara’s products have those properties that give life back to the skin.
• For Keri’s look, we decided to go with a modern, 50s feel. She’s wearing a Monique Lhuillier A-line, 50s style black skirt with a white top so we also wanted to add a touch of color on the cheeks and lips and emphasize her eyes with a slight cat eye and strong brow.
• I started by sweeping a light linen eye shadow all over her lids as the base. Then, using Votre Vu’s Le Joli Crayon in Charbon, I drew a line from the inner corner out with a little flick at the end to give a lift to the eye and a cat-eye feel. Taking the smudger on the other end of the eye pencil, I smudged the wing a little bit on the outer corner into the crease to extend the eye, this opens up the eye more than if you were just to have a straight line.
• Next, concentrating on the outer edge of her top lashes to emphasize that wide-eye effect, I used two coats of Votre Vu’s Eiffel Power mascara. I didn’t put any mascara on her bottom lashes because I really liked the way it looked cleaner on the bottom. To finish off her eyes, I used the Arch de Triumphe in Warm Brown to enhance the arch of the brow and give it more definition.
• For her cheeks, I used the Vu-On Rouge in Ma Cherry on the apples, and then took a bit of the Vu-On Rouge in Amourette on the top of her cheek bone to give it a bit of a pastel pink highlight. This gave her cheeks a really fresh look, very summery.
• For her lips, we went with French Kiss in Tatiana, it’s a bit sheer and not too strong which I really like. It’s a modern take on a red lip. I used my finger and tapped it onto her lip and blurred the edges so it didn’t have a heavy harsh line to it. Then I took the Vu-On Rouge in Amourette and tapped it onto the center of the lips which popped the color a bit and looked really fun!
• We finished off by massaging the Juara Tiare Jasmine Tea Body Milk into her skin because she likes to stay moisturized. The smell was so amazing and Keri absolutely loved it!”
What’s your skincare essential? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.