Toronto is bustling with Hollywood beauties in town for the city’s International Film Festival (TIFF) this week. Makeup artists Nick Barose and Gita Bass give us the lowdown on how to get these two gorgeous, and very different, looks.
Nick Barose created Jennifer’s sweet look for the premiere of her film August: Osage County.
“For Jennifer’s premiere last night, we went for a monochromatic, ethereal look with soft cheeks and rose stained lips to go with her fresh rose color outfit,” says Nick.
• I evened out her alabaster complexion with Votre Vu Love Me Deux Moisture Tint in Champagne, then set it with a light dusting of Belle Poudre in Light.
• I then filled in her brows to give them a bit more with Votre Vu’s Arch de Triumphe in Fair and lined her eyes with Le Joli Crayon in Charbon. I then curled her lashes and applied 2 coats of Eiffel Power mascara in Charbon.
• On Jennifer’s cheeks, I wanted to create a sheer pinky soft flush so I used a sponge like the Beauty Blender in a tapping motion to apply Votre Vu’s Vu-On Rouge in Ma Cherry to the apples of her cheeks.
• Lastly, I filled in her lips with Votre Vu’s Drawmatic Lip Liner in Naked and added a sheer pink lipstick on top, French Kiss Moisture Rich Lipstick in Chloe.
Find Votre Vu products at www.votrevu.com.
Celebrity makeup artist Gita Bass, a member of the Simple Advisory Board, crafted Abigail’s rocker chic beauty look. Here are the step-by-step instructions on how she created the pretty palette:
• Gita began by prepping Abigail’s skin with Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer and Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-On. The combination creates glowing skin, bright eyes and the perfect canvas for both foundation and eye liner. She then used a few drops of Koh Gen Doh Aqua Foundation and set the look with BY Terry loose powder.
• For a strong cat eye that will stay put, Gita lined the upper and lower lash line with NARS Long Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto and joined the lines, winging them out toward the tip of the brow. She then traced over the pencil with Chanel Automatic Liquid Eyeliner. After curling Abigail’s lashes, Gita applied a few coats of Chanel Inimitable mascara and added lash accents on the outer corners of the lash line to create a flirty lift.
• Gita applied Benefit Hoola powder under the cheekbone and layered a pink/rose blush on the apples of her cheeks, blending well.
• For a sexy pout that wouldn’t compete with the eye, Gita applied Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in 357.
All Simple products are available at mass retailers, select drugstores and supermarkets nationwide.
Which makeup look is your favorite? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.