Everything that glitters this holiday season is gold! From the metallic lids seen on the runway during Jason Wu’s Spring 2014 fashion show to Nicole Richie‘s dramatic look, there’s never been a better time to rock this luxe hue. Tricia Campbell, Director of Education for jane iredale, offered up her 10 best tips to make the shade work for you on the eyes, lips, and cheeks.
1. To give your face a nice golden glow, mix a little jane iredale 24k Gold Dust in gold or rose gold with your liquid foundation. Keep in mind that you only need a very small amount of the dust to create the glowing effect. Apply to the entire face with a blending brush for an airbrush finish.
2. To give skin a glowing touch, you can add a little gold shimmer to your body lotion and apply to your shoulders, décolleté’ and legs.
3. To make blue eyes pop for the holiday season, apply a sheer layer of a gold eye shadow on the center of your eye lid.
4. Create a soft gold eye by applying a cream eye shadow primer from lash line to brow bone and then apply a gold shadow on top of the primer from your lash line up into your crease (having a primer underneath the eye shadow will intensify the shadow). Finish off the eye with an intense black line and lots of mascara.
5. Line the top lash line with a gold liquid liner; it’s a great accent for an intense black smoky eye.
6. If you are looking for just a pop of gold around the eyes, apply the jane iredale Double Dazzle Highlighter Pencil (gold side) on the bottom lash inner rim (water line) starting from the outside corner to inside corner of the eye.
7. For a lifting effect, use a fan brush to apply a shimmery bronzer with gold flecks to the tops of the cheek bones for a sheer highlight.
8. For a more intense gold highlight, apply jane iredale So-Bronze 2 all over the face with a dome brush.
9. To create a pouty lip, use a pop of gold shadow or pencil in the center of your bottom lip.
10. Make lips appear fuller with a sheer gold gloss.
What do you think of this gold makeup trend? Will you try out one of these ideas for the holidays? Comment below or on Twitter @OKMagazine!