Your nude polish is a go-to hue for almost every summer occasion, but the Fourth of July is all about red, white and blue. Sport a mani that matches your Americana outfit with this festive stars and stripes idea.
Manicurist Hiroko Fujikawa of MARS the Salon in West Hollywood created this DIY nail art look (complete with a bling ring finger and an American flag accent nail) and it’s exactly the holiday treat your tips need. Check out the step-by-step instructions below!
1. Prep your nails by filing them to your desired shape and apply a base coat.
2. Apply two coats of red polish to your thumb.
3. Apply two coats of blue polish to your index and pinky fingers. For added sparkle, use a polish with glitter.
4. Apply two coats of white polish to your middle finger.
5. Using nail glue, apply silver rhinestones or glitter to ring finger.
6. To create the American flag on your middle finger, use a precision art brush to draw a small box at the lower right corner of the nail. Fill in with blue polish. Clean the brush with remover and dip it into silver polish to draw on small stars. Clean the brush again and then dip into red polish to create small horizontal stripes.
7. Apply a top coat to all your nails.
What do you think of this mani look? Will you show it off this Fourth of July? Tweet @OKMagazine and leave a comment below.