OK!: Why is this hairstyle sexy for a date or party?
Coby Alcantar: I love Ginnifer Goodwin because she has so many different looks even though her hair is so short. We’ve seen so many evolvements of her look, from freshly cut to a little grown out, and it always looks good. She’s a great example of how to play around with short hair and the many cute ways it can be worn. This particular look is sexy because it has movement and isn’t too sculpted. It looks pretty and polished, while still being fun. It’s dressed-up short hair!
OK!: What’s the #1 product you need to style this type of cut?
CA: The must-have product for this look—and short hair in general—is Oribe Rough Luxury Soft Molding Paste. It’s so versatile, so you can create styles that are textured, smooth and have some control.
Get the Look:
- Emulsify a nickel-sized amount of Rough Luxury Soft in your palms until it creates a sheer film over the hands; this will ensure even distribution.
- Apply the product from roots to ends in towel-dried hair.
- Start to work the hair with a blow dryer; use a comb to help mold it into shape on the sides and in the back. (For this look, the sides and back should be flat and smooth.)
- On the top (crown and bangs), use your hands like a brush to work hair back and forth while drying. This will smooth the hair and give some control while still encouraging volume and natural texture.
- Work the hair until it’s dry. Add more Rough Luxury Soft to the ends to exaggerate the texture you created in the blow dry.
- If needed, you can add Oribe Thick Dry Finishing Spray at the root for more fullness.
What do you think of Gennifer’s ‘do? Are you a fan of the short hair trend that’s sweeping holidays? Leave a comment below or tweet us your thoughts @OKMagazine!