You’ve just realized Cinco de Mayo is on Sunday and you’re not one to let a celebratory day go unrecognized. Want to throw a fiesta together in a flash? Head to your local grocer and pick up these yummy ingredients for a fun, easy Cinco.
• First stop—salsa! I’m a sucker for garlic so I recommend Sabra Roasted Garlic Salsa, a chunky variety that is chock full of tomatoes, onions, peppers and, as the name suggests, roasted garlic.
• What’s salsa without the perfect chip? Try Garden of Eatin’ Multi Grain Blues, made with organic blue corn, eight organic whole grains and Flaxseed, making it healthier than your average chip.
• Complete the trifecta of Cinco chips and dips with must-have guacamole. Try Wholly Guacamole Classic for a yummy, homemade taste with just a dash of garlic and a little spice.
• If you like to indulge in the occasional alcoholic beverage (or two) like I do, then margaritas are a must for this bash. The Patron Perfect Margarita box set includes a bottle of their incredible tequila as well as Patrón Citrónge, an orange liqueur, that really makes this brand’s version of the popular cocktail a standout.
• Fajitas are an easy dish to cook up for a crowd. Whether you’re making them with chicken or steak, roll ‘em up in Wrap-itz Whole Wheat Tortillas for a more healthful bread option.
• Need a quick dessert that everyone will love? Pick up a can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and try their Baked Crescent Churros. So easy and so, so good!
What will you be whipping up this Cinco de Mayo? Tell me in the comments below or tweet @OKMagazine.