Amy Adams looked every bit the leading lady as she stepped onto the Man of Steel red carpet in New York City on Monday night. Makeup artist Stephen Sollitto is responsible for her sultry beauty look.
“Amy is wearing a gorgeous black Nina Ricci dress, so for her look I didn’t want to do just a red lip and lighter eyes,” he explains. “We wanted the look to be a little softer, but with a modern twist. Aubergine and copper are such a beautiful combination, especially with Amy’s eyes and coloring. It was a soft, modern twist on the red lip.”
Want to replicate the look? Stephen breaks down each feature:
• I started by prepping Amy’s face with the Votre Vu Attentive Crème du Jour and her lips with the Luxe Lip Moisture Lip Balm in the Bébé Duette.
• For the base, I used Votre Vu’s Love Me Deux in Champagne all over and then dusted Beauté en Bronze in Monaco along her hairline, temples, tip of her nose and under her cheekbones to give more dimension.
• On her eyes I used a medium eye shadow brush and the shade Gilt from the Votre Vu Palette Play Eye Shadow Quad in Copper (available September 2013) and swept it all over the eyelid and a bit along her bottom lashes as well. Next, I rubbed in Votre Vu’s Le Joli Crayon in Aubergine along the outer third corner of her upper lash line and along the whole row of bottom lashes. Instead of lining the bottom waterline, I line just the lashes so that it keeps the eyes looking wide and lively. I finished off her eyes with the Eiffel Power Mascara and layered it for thick, voluminous lashes.
OK! News: Amy Adams and Henry Cavill Dish on 'Man of Steel'
• To frame her eyes, I used the Votre Vu Arch de Triumphe Brow Definer in Warm to give her brows a bit more definition.
• Next, using my middle finger, I took the Vu-On Rouge in Bouquet Rose and applied it onto her cheekbones in a tapping motion. By tapping on the product, you can deposit the color instead of rubbing it off with a swiping motion. I kept tapping the product onto her cheekbones until it was all blended.
• The lips were the finishing touch! I applied Votre Vu’s French Kiss in Annette (available September 2013), a beautiful bright red color, to her lips.
Which actress always kills it on the red carpet? Tell us in the comments below or tweet @OKMagazine.