It's the beginning of week 8 in OK!'s 12 Week Countdown To Summer as we get bikini ready for the hot season ahead.
And as we grow closer to shedding off our clothes, let's be honest, most women (who haven't been airbrushed like the celebrities) may have some degree of cellulite on their legs and butt.
It's very difficult to totally get rid of cellulite but there's certainly things you can do to reduce the appearance of the dimply flesh.
Here are 10 things you can do to reduce the appearance of orange-peel skin:
1. Cardio. One of the best ways to reduce the look of cellulite is by exercising it off. Gettinginto a consistent routine of going hiking, jogging, biking or cardio classes is a great tool in burning off the fat.
2. Resistance. Toning up your muscles with exercises like squats and lunges or using the strength training machines at your gym can definitely tone up your muscles which will make your skin look smoother.
3. Skin Brushing. Exfoliation and brushing your skin regularly helps to stimulate the blood and lymph flow and encourages new cell growth. It's encourage to start at your feet and sweep up in light brisk movements and move upwards toward the heart. Do it first thing in the morning for about 2-5 minutes before having your shower and you don't need to brush too hard.
4. Beauty Sleep. Getting at least 7 hours of zeds a night is great for all over health, especially if you're trying to lose weight. It gives the body time to heal, replenish and restore. So get in those early nights whenever possible.
5. Eating Clean. Having a diet that as fresh and nutritious as possible is always good. Staying away from processed food and meals high in salt that can cause water retention will help keep your skin looking healthy. So stick to lean proteins, healthy fats, fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
6. Water, Water, Water. Keeping your body hydrated by drinking lots of H2O is imperative for healthy skin and to help reduce the appearance of cellulite. When you drink lots of water (at least 8 glasses a day) your body flushes everything out and releases any excess that may be in your system.
7. Detox. There are lots of ways to give your system a reboot to remove as much toxins out of your body as possible. Colon hydrotherapy is an option as well as doing the occasional 2-day juice fast.
8. Quit Smoking. If you haven't cut out cigarettes yet then doing so is not only the best thing for your health but is a surefire way to help the appearance of your skin and cellulite.
9. Moisturize. Applying a good moisturizer at least twice a day is good for plumping up the appearance of skin to make it look smoother.
And Ladies, most of us have some cellulite of one degree or another so don't be hard on yourself about it comparing your body to airbrushed models. Enjoy the bikini season regardless!
Do you have any great tips for reducing the appearance of cellulite? Share them with us below or tweet us @OKMagazine!