If the clock springing forward giving you an hour less of sleep made you leap for a naughty Sunday brunch then don't let your weekend treats spill into today. We have some great #MotivationMonday tips to kick start your week!
Another great incentive is that it's Wellness Week and Celebrity Fitness Trainer Larysa Didio, who has trained Olympic gold medalist Nastia Liukin and Trudie Syler, has some fabulous tips on keeping fitness focused—even with a crazy schedule.
It's absolutely possible to get fit when you're crazy busy. Sometimes it takes just a little bit of creative planning. It's key to remember that studies show that small bouts of exercise are just as effective if not more beneficial than long bouts. So 5-10 minutes here and there adding up to 20-30 minutes is all you need!
- Remember to keep workout clothing with you at all times or wear comfortable clothing so that you can work out during the day. This includes wearing comfy sneakers or shoes. You can slip in a quick 10 block walk (which is equivalent to a half a mile) or a round of step ups on stairs throughout your day.
#MOTIVATIONMONDAY: 12 CELEBS WHO HAVE RUN A MARATHON
- To boost muscles, all you need to do is strength train 3 days a week – and a quick 15 minute circuit will do the trick! You can do it in your family room or basement, while the kids are watching TV or in even in a hotel room if you’re on-the-go.
Try this quick circuit:
**Complete 15 reps of each and go through the circuit up to 4 times.
Here are some quick tips for the week ahead:
- Look at your schedule in the beginning of the week and plan your workouts at specific times so you don't get distracted and view it as a priority.
- Keep on track with your diet with food tracking apps like LoseIt and MyFitnessPal. Accountability is key to keeping you honest about your diet.
- Keep a water bottle filled with you and sip it all day. Your body can't metabolize fat properly if you're not hydrated. Also, dehydration can zap your energy and motivation to slip exercise in.
- Keep protein bars and granola bars in your bag so when you don't have time to eat properly, you resist the urge to grab just anything. I love Designer Whey protein bars.
- Workout with your family! Feeling like you don't want to take away time from your lives ones to workout? Include them! Kids love working out with their parents and there's nothing like bonding with your significant other through some grueling planks.
**Also – With Wellness Week this week, March 11-17, it’s easier than ever to kick your work out into gear! With Wellness Week, there are lots of opportunities to help you get started. For instance, everyone who buys a $25 SpaFinder Wellness gift card will receive a FREE $25 bonus card to use at over 20,000 spas or gyms across the country during Wellness Week.
In addition, many spas and gyms will be offering special deals and free events all weeklong – for example, Curves is offering 1-free week of membership that can be used any time before Feb 2014. Your readers can check: www.spafinder.com/wellnessweek to get the Buy 1 Get 1 deal, take the Wellness Week pledge, and more!
How are you going to make sure you keep on track this week? Share your tips with us below or tweet us @OKMagazine!