Hayden Panettiere's braid is one of the cutest I've seen all summer AND perfect for Sexy Strand Saturdays! To help you out with recreating her flirty 'do I turned to maj celeb stylist Chaz Dean (he's worked with Gwyneth Paltrow, Charlize Theron, and Alyssa Milano) for the step-by-step.
OK!: Why is this look sexy for a Saturday night date or party?
Chaz Dean: It's an effortless and versatile hairstyle that can be worn dressed up or down.
OK!: What’s the #1 key product you need to achieve the same look?
CD: WEN Pomegranate Finishing Treatment Creme to keep hold and texture to the relaxed look. Before braiding, apply a dime-size amount to palms and rub together to activate the product, then apply starting at the midshaft and work towards your ends. For more shine, you can also add WEN Smoothing Glossing Serum.
OK!: How can you recreate Hayden's 'do at home?
- Start off by making a low ponytail on the right side using a small, clear elastic band that can be found at most drugstores or beauty supply stores. Do not wrap the band tightly around your hair—it's just a placeholder for the braiding process that will be cut off later.
- Divide the ponytail into two sections—section 1 and 2.
- Take 1/3 of Section 1 and cross over to section 2. Now take a 1/3 of section 2 and cross over to section 1. Repeat this process until you run out of hair, but remember this is not meant to be a perfect, tight braid.
- Use a clear elastic band to tie the end of the braid, and cut off the clear elastic band at the top (be careful not to cut your hair).
- You can squeeze the braid gently if you want to loosen the braid up more. You can also add a Big & Sexy Hair Spray & Play for a light, sexy hold (use a minimal amount).
What do you think of Hayden's casual-yet-sexy braid? Will you be trying it out tonight? Sound off in the comments below or on Twitter @OKMagazine!