After months of speculation, the official cause of Amy Winehouse's untimely death at the age of 27 has been revealed.
British coroner Suzanne Greenway revealed today that Grammy winner died a "death by misadventure" and that her tragic passing was an "unintended consequence" by accidental alcohol poisoning.
Amy's parents Mitch and Janis Winehouse were present at Wednesday’s inquest hearing in London, and were relieved "to finally find out what happened to Amy," family spokesman Chris Goodman said.
"The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol,” he said, via Radar Online, adding “and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time."
Examining pathologist Suhail Baithun confirmed there was not trace of drugs in Amy's system at the time of her death, just a "very large quantity of alcohol."
She noted that Amy was 4.5 times over the legal driving limit when her body was found July 23 at her north London home.
The initial autopsy conducted immediately after Amy's death was inconclusive.
The "Rehab" singer had battled with drug and alcohol addiction for years before her death.
Her doctor Dr. Christina Romete revealed Amy tried to quit drinking, but had began consuming alcohol again right before her death.
As for prescription drugs, Romete said those played no role in her death.