Celebrity makeup artist Sam Fine, who created Kelly’s beauty look for a recent OK! photoshoot, shares his beauty tips and secrets he used behind the scenes. Sam tells us how to recreate the same look at home.
- Look 1: Bold Brights
The ’80s are all about the color so have fun with it.
- 1. The great thing about smoky eyes is that you can add color to it whether its across the whole eye or just the edges. In this case, we added plum shades on both the top and bottom of the eyes and played up the glitter since the 80s are all about excess.
2. Play up the lips natural color and accentuate it with a lip gloss which will help add dimension and texture.
Look 2: Retro Glam
Inspired by the timeless of old Hollywood glam from the ’40s and ’50s, this look is all about porcelain skin with a dark eye and brow, in addition to a strong lip.
- 1. Make sure every feature on the face is carved out.
2. Instead of red lipstick, go for a deep bordeaux shade, especially if you are someone of color. When picking the shade thats right for you, remember its less about color and more about a tone and depth that these colors provide.
3. Dont forget to line your lips with a pencil to help the color stay on longer and help you achieve the coverage you want out of lipstick.
Look 3: Rocker Chic
- 1. A modern day twist on the trend today is to go heavy on the lashes and add extensions in addition to glitter and a dark smoky eye.
2. Use a coral or pink blush with a pop of color on the your check bones to add color.
3. Stick to a nude lip if you go heavy on the eyes.
For more makeup tips, check out Sam’s new instructional DVD, Fine: The Basics of Beauty, $25, on www.samfine.com