The SAG Awards are a time for some of Hollywood’s most talented and gorgeous stars to come together and celebrate their hard work over the past year. We not only love to see the dresses and the couples, we like to see the old friends catching up, new friends being made on the carpet, and all the whispering and private moments that go on while millions of people watch from home!
Here are the top 10 conversations we wish we overheard at the SAG awards:
1. Amy Poehler and Bradley Cooper on the red carpet. What were they talking about?! Were they reminiscing about their days working together on Wet Hot American Summer? Has Amy learned the dance from Silver Linings Playbook? Was Bradley trying to get the scoop on her character Leslie Knope’s upcoming wedding on Parks and Recreation? Even though we didn’t actually overhear their convo, we’re guessing it was hilarious (and hot, because you know, Bradley Cooper).
2. Justin Timberlake and his stylist. He looked hot. There is no denying that. And we like the suit but just feel confused about the shirt he chose underneath? Wouldn’t a solid color look better? Did Justin like this look right away, or did he have to be talked into it? But, like his latest single “Suit & Tie" (featuring Jay-Z) sometimes it takes a little while for JT’s style to grow on us, and we trust him—sexy’s not going anywhere as long as he’s around!
3. What did Anne Hathaway say to Sally Field on her way up to the stage to accept her award for Best Supporting Actress? While she may have beat out Sally for the award, we’re sure she was her classy self and said something super sweet! Plus: she teased us, well really just her husband Adam Shulman, at the end of her speech saying to him “I’ll tell you why I love you later” but we want to hear it too!
4. What do Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper talk about? We love these co-stars, and after spending the entire Silver Linings Playbook shoot together, plus the months of award season, these two must have a close bond by now. But what do they talk about? The latest season of Homeland? Something they saw on Facebook that day? We’re dying to know! Anytime we see Bradley Cooper, all we can think to say is ”Wow you look hot” so props to Jennifer for keeping her cool around him (and vice versa since she has looked gorgeous on every carpet she's set foot on this season).
5. What did the Modern Family cast say to Ty Burrell when Alec Baldwin beat him for Best Actor in a Comedy series? Co-star Julie Bowen was shown clinking glasses with Ty, and while Baldwin’s character Jack Donoaghy is incredible (and has only one episode left) we know the Modern Family crew is ultra supportive of each other. Which is probably why they beat all the competition for Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series!
6. The producers conversation when they planned to put Julianne Moore and Homeland star Damian Lewis together to present and then cut to Modern Family's Jesse Tyler Ferguson in the audience? We get it – they all have red hair!
7. How did The Big Bang Theory table react when Tina Fey told everyone to tape their show this Thursday and watch the final episode of 30 Rock instead during her Best Actress in a Comedy Series acceptance speech? We have a feeling even they'll be tuning in live to say goodbye to Liz Lemon & co!
9. What did Jennifer Lawrence say when she had to ask people to move their chairs so she could make her way up to the stage to accept her statue for Best Actress? And we wish we could hear what presenter and co-star Robert De Niro said to congratulate her—what a moment! But afterwards, what was her reaction backstage after her acceptance speech realizing her dress ripped??
10. Everything Ben Affleck had to say all night. It started with him arriving on the red carpet with wife Jennifer Garner. He whispered something to her and kissed her on the side of her face in a truly romantic moment. You can tell they are in love because they shared this sweet moment before they even knew the cameras were on them, and it was one of many all night long! We also wish we could be in the group huddle as the Argo cast left the stage after winning for Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture.