Loving Daisy's look from The Great Gatsby? Aren't we all! The character has impeccable taste in makeup and men! Have you seen Leo recently? He is definitely looking fine, and we're totally jealous that Carey Mulligan gets to spend time with him. If you're dying to try to create her makeup look at home, make sure you check out this how-to from Mary Kay celebrity makeup artist Marissa Nemes and stylist Lo VonRump.
And to make this how-to even sweeter, OK! and Mary Kay partnered up to give you the chance to win the makeup used to create the look! Want to know how to enter? Check out the deets below!
1. Follow us on Twitter @OKMagazine.
2. Tell us your favorite decade for fashion and why in a tweet. Make sure to include the hashtag, #OKGatsbySweeps.
3. What exactly you'll win? The prize includes 8 Mary Kay products that will help you in get look in a pinch.
4. 5 winners will be awarded, so you should probably get to entering now!
Check out the how-to's from our friends at Mary Kay below!
For the Smoky Eye:
- To begin, apply the Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Metallic Taupe. Next, blend a charcoal eye shadow over and into the eye crease. The Mary Kay team suggests using the Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Coal.
- Next, line the water and lash line with Mary Kay Eyeliner in Black. Smudge the liner using a smudger brush. To create depth, sweep the Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Coal under the lower lash line.
- To finish the look, re-line the top lash line with Mary Kay Liquid Eyeliner. Apply a generous coat of Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara onto your lashes.
For the Bright Lip:
- Apply Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Rock N’ Red.
- If you want to take this look to the next level, apply Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick in Sizzling Red. Marissa says this lipstick can be applied as a balm, as well as a stain or a lipstick.
For the Style:
- Lo VonRump says to start off by layering a pearl rope necklace over a suit jacket or cocktail dress. Next, stack gold and silver bracelets and rock an oversized marcasite cocktail ring.
- She suggests looking for clothes in romantic lilac hues, floral prints, and also shades of pastel. You can also look for items that have embellishments like sequins and beads, or items that are made with silk.
- The hair is super important! Lo says to accessorize with art deco hair clips and headbands with feather detailing.
- Of course, nails cannot be forgotten. She says to go for an art deco nail in a black and white “reverse French” manicure.
Will you enter the giveaway? Tweet @OKMagazine and get started!