After six years on TV, the Gosselin brood will be saying goodbye. TLC announced their decision to end the reality show Kate Plus 8 yesterday, and Kate Gosselin turned to her Twitter to share some messages with her loyal fans.
Kate issued a series of Tweets yesterday, about the big news that Kate Plus 8 would not be renewed for a new season.
• “1/many We’ve had a great run! Six years of whirlwind funfilled adventures thanks to TLC and our many many supportive &diehard fans! Cont…”
• “2/many While it is very sad for me and the kids (there were many tears at the breakfast table this morning!), we are Cont…”
• “3/many we are looking forward with great anticipation to our bright future! As is very typical for me, I am choosing to Cont…”
• “4/many As is very typical for me, I am choosing to see the positive in this situation and I am excited to consider the Cont…”
• “5/many I am excited2consider many more invigorating opportunities that may come my way!I poured my entire self in2 last 6 yrs of ‘Kate+8′”
• “6/many I poured my entire self in2 the last6years of ‘Kate Plus 8’ & I can’t wait2have the chance2challenge myself again w future endeavors!”
• “7/many In the meanX,I hope 2have more time4motivational speaking,book writing &other fun work opportunities that come my way… Cont..”
• “8/many …And maybe even some dating??!! We wish our fans well. And remember, this is not ‘goodbye’.I prefer to say ‘See you around!’ Xoxo”
Sounds like Kate is going to really dive into the dating game — and then maybe she will get a new reality show!
She added that the last episode of her show will air Sept. 12.
“TLC has decided not to renew another season of Kate Plus 8,” a spokesperson for the show said in a statement Monday. “By the end of this season, Kate Plus 8 will have hit the 150-episode mark (including Jon & Kate Plus 8), an exceptional milestone. TLC hopes to check in with Kate and the family periodically with specials in the future.”
Are you sad to say goodbye to the reality TV family? Sound off in the comments.