Brace yourselves for this news—Molly Ringwald released a jazz album today. Who knew that someone in the Brat Pack had musical abilities?
But aside from Pretty In Pink and The Breakfast Club, Molly has starred on The Secret Life of the American Teenager as Amy's mom, Anne Jeurgens, for the past few years. Which brings us to our point—we think some of Molly's fellow ABC Family friends need to start making music, too. Let us know in the comments if you agree with the below list!
1. Melissa Joan Hart—The Melissa & Joey star is known mostly for her starring roles on Clarissa Explains it All and Sabrina the Teenage Witch and we think all of MJH's famous shows need a soundtrack to bring 'em all back 2013 style. She should get in the studio, write music describing what it was like to work on two of our fave 90's shows ever, and release it in album form. This is genius and we take full credit for when it happens.
2. Ashley Benson—Ash's fellow Pretty Little Liars co-stars, Tyler Blackburn and Lucy Hale, have both dabbled in the music biz, but Ashley's got some vocal chops, too. She sang a few Britney Spears songs in Spring Breakers and we were impressed. We're sure her co-stars Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens can help a girl out!
3. Jake T. Austin—Speaking of Selena, remember Wizards of Waverly Place? Jake T. Austin, who played Max on that show, stars in an all-new ABC Family drama, The Fosters, starting this June. Even though we've never actually heard the guy sing, he's got a Disney background which means a pop album is clearly the next step. Oh, right, and Selena can help him out too, clearly.
4. Sutton Foster—This Bunhead has perhaps the most music-heavy background out of everyone on our list. She started her career back in the day on Star Search! Sutton's also starred on Broadway musicals and has sung a few tunes for the Bunheads soundtrack, so this just pretty much has to happen for the former child star. Has to.
5. Vanessa Marano—Vanessa's little sister, Laura, plays an aspiring pop star on Disney's Austin & Ally, so clearly the Switched at Birth beaut can get a few pointers about being a singer from her. Easy. Done.
What other ABC Family stars do you think should release an album? Agree with our picks? What's your favorite show on the network? Tweet us @OKMagazine with your thoughts!