As Okmagazine.com previously reported, Lindsay Lohan was questioned by Los Angeles authorities when $100,000 in watches and sunglasses went missing from a Hollywood Hills home she stayed the night at recently and according to RadarOnline.com , the Mean Girls actress will not be charged in the matter.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has declined to file criminal charges against Lindsay Lohan and two other people in connection with the alleged theft. Prosecutors cited insufficient evidence against the three.
"Lindsay is glad this matter has been cleared up so she can focus on her upcoming projects. It is unfortunate that many media outlets were quick to point fingers and jump to conclusions without having all the facts."
The owner of the home, Sam Magid called police after he noticed the items missing. LAPD sources told outlets that Lindsay and her assistant Gavin Doyle were both suspects in the heist.
After forbidding people to leave his home until cops arrived and questioned his guests last Monday, Sam has now recanted his story, saying that nothing was stolen. But it's reported that police are not closing the investigation because they say they have independent witnesses alleging that Lindsay and Gavin were somehow responsible.
"However, just the fact that Lindsay is being investigated for felony robbery could be enough to trigger a probation violation because Lindsay is still on probation in connection with her no contest plea in her misdemeanor necklace theft case," a source told Radar. "Lindsay is just going to lay low and hope this whole thing blows over," the insider says. "Lindsay is hopeful that she won't face any probation violation as a result of these separate police investigations. She is focusing on work."