After more than six years and six children together, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt had finally decided to get married — but then disaster struck, threatening to put the wedding permanently on hold.
It began innocently, when Maddox came across an article about Jennifer Aniston. Curious, the couple's eldest son, 10, asked his dad who she was — and Brad told him. "Brad didn't realize that Angie was home, and so he basically just told Maddox the truth: that Jennifer was a woman he loved very much and was once married to," says the source. "But that's when Angelina walked in."
The actress, 36, was livid with Brad, 48, for a number of reasons. "Brad thought he had taken all necessary precautions and never suspected the kids would learn about his past by coming across a story about Jennifer," says the insider.
FOR MORE ON ANGIE & BRAD'S FIGHT THAT STOPPED THE WEDDING, PICK UP THE NEW ISSUE OF OK! — IN STORES EVERYWHERE THURSDAY!
MORE IN THIS ISSUE OF OK!:
• Jessica Simpson’s fiancé has a $30,000 surprise waiting for his baby mama!
• Teen Mom’s Leah Messer fights back after being beaten by three women!
• The Twilight Saga’s Kristen Stewart and The Hunger Games’ Jennifer Lawrence lead co-stars in cast warfare.
• Kim Kardashian is confident she can contradict Kris Humphries’ charge that their marriage was a crock.
• From Beyoncé & Gwyneth Paltrow to Jason Segel & John Krasinski, these are Hollywood’s truest BFFs.
• Christina Aguilera sings the praises of her new, curvier body.
• Beyoncé, Jessica Alba, Miranda Kerr, Kate Hudson or someone else — which hot mama has the best post-baby body?
• 50 Cent and Hilary Duff enlist in the fight against hunger in Africa and on the home front.