With a new man, a happy home and a baby on the way, life for Teen Mom Leah Messer was looking up — until tragedy struck. "She was having bad cramps for the past two weeks, and then she miscarried," an insider close to the reality star tells OK! exclusively.
For the 19-year-old Teen Mom 2 star from Elkview, West Virginia, it was a heartbreaking end to the start of a brand-new dream. "It's a devastating experience, but all I can do is support Leah and take things day by day," her fiancé Jeremy Calvert tells OK! exclusively. "It's hard, but we will get through it."
In the past two years, Leah has known lots of sorrow. She became pregnant with her twins when she was still in high school and had a very difficult pregnancy. She went into early labor at just six months and remained on strict bed rest for the last trimester of her pregnancy. Although daughter Aleeah suffered no ill effects, her sister Ali has been dealing with health issues.
After an on-an-off romance, Leah married the girls' father Corey Simms in October 2010 in a ceremony televised on Teen Mom 2, then they divorced six months later.
After so much drama, Leah's recent romance with Jeremy, 22, brough a ray of pure joy into her life.
FOR MORE ON HOW LEAH MESSER IS COPING WITH HER DEVASTATING MISCARRIAGE, PICK UP THE NEW ISSUE OF OK! — IN STORES NOW!
MORE IN THIS ISSUE OF OK!:
• Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony: Back together. Their deep love for their twins is pushing the split couple back into each other’s arms. Buh-bye, Casper and Shannon!
• Mob Wives star Renee Graziano reveals her shocking “horror show” surgery details. In a raw exclusive, Renee shares her anger and her future fears.
• Jessica Simpson's pregnancy fears. With the baby coming soon, the star is afraid she will have to face giving birth alone.
• Justin Theroux is desperate to win back Jennifer Aniston and begs her for a second chance.
• The Bachelorette and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition star teams up with La-Z-Boy to offer fun DIY hints.
• More klothes from the Kardashians! Our favorite sisters have done it again! OK! reveals the newest looks in their Sears collection.