Seeing the word “Slainte” popping up all over Google today? The term means “Cheers” or “Good Health” in Gaelic and is a common saying on St. Patrick’s Day. So in case you run into Colin Farrell tonight, here are some Irish sayings you could use to impress him.
To add to your merriment, celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with some Gaelic-Irish sayings!
While Slainte might be the most common word known, check out a list, via the Huffington Post, below! Whipping these out will charm the Irish and beat them at their own game!
• Dia Dhuit: Hello!
• Slainte: Good Health! / Cheers!
• Erin Go Bragh: Ireland Forever!
• Beannachtai Na Feile Padraig Oraibh: St. Patrick’s Day Blessing Upon You!
• Ni Fhaca Me La Fada Thu: Long Time No See!
• Go N-Eiri An T-Adh Leat: Good luck!
• Gabh Mo Leisceal: Excuse me!
• Graim Thu: I Love You!