Sylvester Stallone released a tear-inducing statement about the untimely passing of his son Sage Stallone, who was found dead in his L.A. home Friday from an apparent prescription drug overdose.
"When a parent loses a child, there is no greater pain," he said in a statement obtained by E! News. "Therefore, I am imploring people to respect my talented son's memory and feel compassion for his loving mother Sasha [Czack]. This agonizing loss will be felt for the rest of our lives," he added. "Sage was our first child and the center of our universe, and I am humbly begging for all to have my son's memory and soul left in peace."
An autoposy was conducted on Sunday, and RadarOnline.com reports that the L.A.P.D. are investigating the death and conducting interviews with doctors who prescribed him medicine.
A source close to Sage say the death is particularly puzzling, as the actor and director was "happy and upbeat" with a lot of work projects coming to fruition. While he may have been prescribed medication, friends insist he wasn't a partier.
"I never knew him to do drugs, not even weed, so for him to die from an overdose is kind of shocking to me," said one source.
Meanwhile, police are in the process of establishing a timeline of the days leading up to his death and a more comprehensive look at his medical history.
Autoposy results won't be revealed for another six to eight weeks.