The Mosaic Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif. makes a stuffed french toast that will blow your mind and they offered the recipe up to OK! so you can enjoy this decadent breakfast whether you’re vacationing at their posh accommodations or lounging at home on a lazy weekend.
French Toast Egg Mixture Ingredients
*this makes one large 2 quart batch
1 quart half and half
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbs brown sugar
Stuffed French Toast Ingredients
2 eggs, scrambled
2 pieces of bacon, chopped
2 slices of brioche bread
1sausage piece, chopped
1 slice of cheddar cheese
Confectioners sugar, to garnish
1. Dip the brioche bread in the french toast egg mixture for a few seconds on each side.
2. Cook the bread until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side.
3. While bread is cooking, in a non-stick skillet, combine liquid scrambled eggs, chopped bacon, and chopped sausage.
4. Cook into a frittata and top with cheddar cheese.
5. Place finished frittata in between the two pieces of cooked brioche french toast, creating your perfect stuffed french toast.
6. Top with confectioner’s sugar, serve with maple syrup and enjoy!
What’s your must-have brunch item? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.