Kale is still having a moment and celeb-loved restaurant RivaBella makes one lovely salad with the trendy greens. Celebs like Stacy Keibler, Giuliana Rancic and Halle Berry flock to the West Hollywood restaurant for its fine dining take on Italian but you can enjoy their Baby Kale Salad with Crispy Guanciale and Cara Cara Oranges by following the recipe they were kind enough to provide OK!. Buono Appetito!
2 ½ oz. baby kale
¼ oz. fine julienne red onion
¼ oz. crispy guanciale
8 cara cara orange segments
1 ½ oz. burnt meyer lemon vinaigrette (see below)
1. Toss kale, red onions and vinaigrette together in a bowl.
2. Garnish with orange segments and guanciale
OK! News: You Are Going to Love Lemonade’s Tortilla Soup
Burnt Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette from RivaBella
2 meyer lemons, zested & juiced
5 oz. extra virgin olive oil
10 oz. canola oil
1. Toss meyer lemon zest in a small amount of the evoo (¼ oz.) and place on a baking sheet.
2. Char the zest in a very hot oven, a wood-burning oven is preferred, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Combine lemon zest and juice in blender and turn on to medium speed.
4. Slowly add the evoo and canola oil until completely mixed.
5. Season with salt and pepper & strain through a fine sieve.
What’s your favorite way to use kale? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.