Happy royal christening day! While it’s not the kind of royal event where you get to wake up at 5am to watch on TV, but it is still a very special day for the Cambridges, and will be our first peek of Prince George since he was born on July 22. Here are the things we’ll be looking for this happy morning!
1. The presence of Cressida Bonas, Prince Harry‘s girlfriend about whom he’s getting much more serious. What will she wear? How will the couple interact in public? Will we see her chatting with the queen?
2. What Kate Middleton wears, of course! Understated church attire, naturally, but a little hat? A pastel suit? Kate always keeps it interesting but entirely appropriate.
3. Who got an invite. It’s a very intimate ceremony, so don’t expect David and Victoria Beckham to pop up like they did at the royal wedding.
4. The seven godparents. What a very special baby! Buckingham Palace announced the names of the godparents this morning, and they include royal cousin Zara Tindall, college friends of the couple, and a friend of Princess Diana.
5. The official portraits following the ceremony. The family will be photographed by Jason Bell, who is famous for capturing the Hollywood elite, like Kate Winslet and Johnny Depp. The shoot will follow the ceremony immediately. Bell said in a statement, “I’m honored that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked me to photograph the christening of their son Prince George. I’m privileged to be recording this moment in history.”
What moment of the christening are you the most excited about? Do you wish you could be there? Do you think we’ll get to glimpse the prince? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.