We know, we know, a lot happened on last night’s three-and-a-half- hour telecast of the 2014 Grammy Awards. So let’s recap by highlighting the best and worst moments from the show. The kicker here? We’ll just recap the biggest moments of the night and it’s up to you to decide if they categorize as “best” or “worst.” Ready?
1. Taylor Swift dancing. It ain’t an awards show without Taylor Swift showing off her moves, right? Here’s a montage of all the times Tay rocked out during last night’s performances.
2. Taylor Swift thinking she won the Album of the Year Award. Hey, in her defense, “Red” and “Random” do sound alike…
3. All the performances. We could’ve done without a few of last night’s performances (not mentioning names) but overall they were pretty great—especially Bey and Jay’z, obviously, Pink’s, Kacey Musgrave’s and Katy Perry. Relive them all right here:
4. But can we give special attention to Taylor’s performance? She perfected the head-bang-while-playing-the-piano thing, but nothing was better than her reaction at the end after she got a standing ovation. Let’s get #GrumpyTaylor trending, people.
5. And of course, we can’t forget how 33 couples got married LIVE last night. Queen Latifah officiated while Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, Mary Lambert and Madonna sang “Same Love.” It was truly ground-breaking, really.
6. As for the acceptance speeches? Pharrell speaking on behalf of the masked Daft Punk guys was pretty great, but clearly Jay Z wins this one. Now the world will forever look at a Grammy award as a sippy cup and we are totally fine with that.
7. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis won almost everything. The guys took home 4 out of the 7 statues they were nominated for, winning in most of the rap/R&b categories and the big award for Best New Artist.
What was your favorite moment from the Grammys? Tweet us @OKMagazine.