*NSync’s JC Chasez and 98 Degrees’ Drew Lachey both turn 37 today, which means we are officially getting old. What should we do to celebrate? Watch the best boy band performances , past and present, of all time, duh! Disclaimer: these videos are in no particular order—we love all boy bands the same.
1. 98 Degrees performs on The Today Show. Check out those 90′s outfits and killer dance moves.
2. *NSync performs “Bye Bye Bye” and “It’s Gonna Be Me” at the 2000 Video Music Awards. The intro and dance break are everything.
3. Backstreet Boys perform at the 2000 VMAs. Obviously the 2000 VMAs were every fangirl’s dream.
4. Jonas Brothers perform at the 2007 American Music Awards. Ah, the fall the goes down in history! We give the JoBros props for putting on a killer performance even after Joe fell in front of millions.
5. New Kids on the Bloc perform “Step By Step” in December 1999. Again with the amazing dance moves!
6. Hanson performs “Mmmbop” acoustic in 1997. If there was ever a doubt that Hanson was talented, this video is the perfect rebuttal.
7. Boyz II Men. Not all great boy band performances are defined by dance moves; some are based solely on killer vocals. In this 1995 performance of “One Sweet Day” featuring Mariah Carey, there’s no doubt that all parties involved can saaaang.
8. One Direction performs at the 2012 Olympics Closing Ceremony.
Being featured at the closing ceremony is an honor for any band, but when you’re placed among the likes of Adele and the Spice Girls, you know you’re doing something right.
What’s your favorite boy band performance of all time? Tweet us @OKMagazine!