Good luck digesting the third season finale of Scandal. The hits came fast and furious, and allegiances changed so quickly it was almost difficult to follow. Deaths! Sabotage! Scott Foley! Let’s take a look at all the insanity. Here’s a sampling of the events of this episode (and SPOILERS AHEAD, DUH!):
1. The bomb does go off in the church, but it does not kill anyone.
2. Sally Langston saves the fallen on live television, becoming a “saint,” and clinching the election.
3. Papa Pope is alive! And he’s being sweet and loving to Olivia. That’s pretty shocking.
4. Mama Pope shows up at the hospital! Uh oh.
5. Olivia drops the truth bomb that Big Jerry raped Mellie. Finally, the truth is out.
6. Little Jerry has some sort of attack on stage!
7. Oh my God, little Jerry is dead.
8. Wait, little Jerry is dead from meningitis… on purpose. As in, someone killed him.
9. Olivia Pope quits because she’s Over It.
10. Maya Pope is dead!
11. No, Adnan Salif is dead!
12. Wait, Secret Service Tom was in on it. In on everything. Not cool, Secret Service Tom.
13. B-613 is back in action, and Papa Pope is running things.
14. Huck’s family is still alive! And around. And he’s going to say wassup.
15. Speaking of Huck, that sex scene with Quinn. Huckleberry Quinn, my eyes. Good God, my eyes.
16. President Grant won the election! Four more years of a broken, sad man who just lost his son.
17. Jake and Olivia are leaving together. He doesn’t even mind that she loves someone else.
18. Papa Pope is bad, after all. We knew it the whole time.
19. David Rosen is definitely taking over Olivia Pope & Associates.
20. Wait, did we just lose Harrison?
21. Maya Pope is alive! Just in a hole. As you do.
22. Fitz is headed to Alcoholics-ville. Population him and probably Mellie, actually. And in his darkest, saddest moment, he cried out for Olivia.
What did you think of the Scandal finale? Was it too much, or just enough? Do you think Olivia Pope will come back? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.