Our guess is that Madonna thinks a recession is when you have to do your session again.
Because while the rest of America is cutting back, the superstar — who was last troubled by money problems when Reagan was president — piled on diamonds like sprinkles on a sundae for Oscar night.
Reminding us all why they call her the Material Girl, OK! has learned that she showed up to last night’s Vanity Fair post-Oscar bash wearing millions of dollars worth of Neil Lane jewelry, including:
• A black and white diamond chain with 500 carats of the shiny stones
• A diamond bangle with 25 carats of diamonds and platinum
• An onyx and diamond bracelet with 50 carats of diamonds
• A pair of diamond pear shape earrings of 20 carats each
• A square diamond and onyx ring
Then for her own private party — not wanting to skimp on diamonds — Madge strapped herself into a cross and chain with 100 carats of diamonds, bracelets with 50 carats of diamonds, long diamond earrings worth 1 million dollars and a huge diamond and platinum ring.
Something tells us that her $76million divorce settlement with Guy Ritchie hasn’t got her buying own-brands at the supermarket quite yet.