We know every teenage girl in America will rush to newsstands this Thursday for a fresh glossy picture of their dream Valentine’s Day date! Justin Bieber looks über-adorable covered in lipstick kisses on the February 2011 cover of Vanity Fair magazine. The teen singing sensation was interviewed by Lisa Robinson and it is easy to understand why the 16-year-old is one of the biggest heartthrobs in Hollywood.
Catch some great quotes below!
• JB on thinking of himself as weird: “I’m not normal. I think differently—my mind is always racing. I’m just … nuts. But I think the best [musicians] probably are.”
• JB was hesitant about his trademark mop: The Biebs’ hair stylist Vanessa Price says he didn’t want to change his long-haired look to his current, beloved floppy cut. Now, only Vanessa is allowed to maintain his mop. The two are also collaborating on a future new ‘do already, but he won’t touch his trademark. Also, JB is aware of the website “Lesbians who look like Justin Bieber.”
• JB on his admiration for Michael Jackson: “He was so broad, everybody loved him, and that’s what my goal is—to basically make people happy, to inspire them, and to have everyone root for me.”
• On JB’s reading habits: “[Justin] hated school, is tutored on the road, doesn’t read much, but has the best-seller Rich Dad Poor Dad on his tour bus because Will Smith told him to read it.”
• Usher, on bringing JB to Island/Def Jam exec L.A. Reid for the first time: “I knew what L.A. was gonna do—the same thing he did to me. Let’s bring in employees and we want to see how he reacts to women.”
• JB on rating his own attractiveness: “Not trying to be arrogant, but if I walked down the street and a girl saw me, she might take a look back because maybe I’m good-looking, right?”
• Pattie Mallette, Justin’s mom, on her talented son: “After a personal encounter with God, [Mallette] believes that she and Justin have been put on earth to bring light and inspiration to the world.”
• JB’s grandfather on his grandson’s success: “He was supposed to be a hockey player.”
For more, check out a behind-the-scenes from JB’s Vanity Fair photoshoot.