Though they may get into heated arguments on Dancing With the Stars, there was no food fight between Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli when they dined with OK! at Los Angeles restaurant Ketchup. Currently facing off on ABC’s Dance War, the two forgoed diets to chow down on burgers, hot dogs and fries, topped off with strawberry shortcake for dessert! And you can do just the same — check out the recipes below!
Barking Dogs Chili
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
1 yellow onion, diced
1 garlic clove, diced
1 tbsp. shallots, diced
1 Ib. ground beef, chuck or Kobe
1/2 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup tomato, diced
1 cup beef broth
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tbsp. garlic salt
1. Sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat until they’re translucent.
2. Add garlic and shallots to the onions, saute until golden brown.
3. Combine ground chuck, tomato paste and dice tomato to your saute and slightly increase the heat.
4. Add spices to ground chuck. Once your ground chuck is completely coated add stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
Prep time: 30 mins.
Cook time: 12-15 mins.
2 3/4 cups cake flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
10 tbsp. chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1-ounce pieces
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. orange zest
1 tbsp. Grand Marnier
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in the Kitchen Aid mixing bowl. With the whisk attachment, work on medium until mix is combined.
2. While the flour is working in the mixing bowl, put the orange zest in a cold stainless steel saucepan, and put flame to medium. When you can smell the orange zest, add the Grand Marnier and flambé. Remove as soon as the flame dies out, and add the zest to the butter.
3. Add the butter to the dry ingredients.
4.When the mixture has come together, use the dough hook and pour the cream in a smooth thin stream. Before the dough forms a ball, remove from the mixing bowl and finish on a lightly floured surface by kneading.
5. Do not overwork. As soon as the dough is not sticky, roll out to 3/4-inch thick, punch out rounds, brush with egg wash, place on a greased baking sheet into a preheated 350F oven.
6. Bake until gold, around 15 to 20 mins.
Strawberry filling ingredients
2 pints fresh cut strawberries
1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
1 sheet pan of fresh baked short cake or 10 pound cake rounds
1. Cut the short cakes in half and place strawberries on the bottom half of the short cake.
2. Place one scoop of ice cream on the strawberries and add the short cake top. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes and serve with powder sugar or whipped cream.