If you’re planning to get up early to watch Prince William and Kate Middleton‘s royal wedding on the morning of April 29, why not turn it into a full-blown party?
For those planning to stay home, Brides magazine has done all the hard work with a sleepover kit that includes recipes, a British-themed playlist and personalized favor tags. To download the kit, go to Brides.com.
And if you prefer to dress up, go out and let someone else do all the party planning, here are some of the coolest royal wedding parties happening in major cities across the US:
• The Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach on Florida’s Sunny Isles Beach is offering a Royal Treatment package, which allows two guests to indulge in two hours of relaxing treatments, including body scrubs and massages as well as a royal goodie bag. And you won’t miss the wedding while you’re being pampered! Large screen TVs will broadcast Royal Wedding coverage throughout the day along with complimentary British-themed nibbles including crumpets, tea sandwiches in the spa’s relaxation lounge. $429 per person including gratuity and complimentary valet. For more info, go to: acqualinaresort.com/
• The Langham hotel in Boston is preparing a traditional English afternoon tea service at its BOND restaurant along with news coverage of the nuptials. The menu will be inspired by dishes being served at the Buckingham palace wedding reception. $50 per person. For more info, go to: boston.langhamhotels.com
• In Chicago, the Drake Hotel is holding an afternoon tea service where guests can enjoy some delectable hors d’oeuvres while enjoying a recap of the wedding and a fashion show by some of the Windy City’s finest hat makers. $35 per person. For more info, go to: thedrakehotel.com
• In San Francisco, Personality Hotels has created the cheeky “Shag Like Royalty” at the city’s Kensington Park Hotel. The package includes two mini bottles of gin, can of Spotted Dick Pudding, a copy of “Knickers in a Twist: A Dictionary of British Slang” and a supply of Union Jack condoms. The deal is valid through May 15 with rates starting at $189 per night. For more info, go to: kensingtonparkhotel.com
• Manhattan’s Grace Hotel will be hosting a royal wedding pool party at its three-level lounge, just off Times Square. The screening will begin at 4 a.m. on a giant screen that can be viewed from the swim-up bar at the hotel’s indoor pool. For more info, go to: http://www.room-matehotels.com/eng/nuevayorkhotel/gracehotel/gracehotel.php
• New York’s Eventi Hotel in Chelsea is celebrating the Royal Wedding with a “Kate and Wills” Look-A-Like Contest. Entrants should email a maximum of three hi-res photos of themselves creatively dressed as Kate and Wills to email@example.com before Friday, when a panel of judges will select the winners, who will receive a complimentary weekend stay at Eventi and a romantic dinner for two at Bar Basque with a bottle of champagne. On the hotel will be screening the wedding on a giant screen from 7 a.m. EST onwards at the property’s Bar Basque restaurant where patrons can also enjoy a special “Royal Wedding Breakfast” menu, including homemade scones with cream and jam. Guests are encouraged to come dressed in their “Royal Wedding best” or better yet come dressed as “Kate and Wills!” For more info, go to: eventihotel.com
• The Edison Ball Room in NYC is throwing a champagne reception on Friday evening. The glam party includes a three-course meal, six-hour open bar, BBC TV wedding highlights. Live music and a charity auction from 7 p.m. on April 29. Tickets cost $200 per person. For more info, email: George@stgeorgessociety.com