Is Rachel Lindsay looking for love or just an engagement? That is the question. This week’s episode of The Bachelorette left us questioning the Dallas lawyer’s true intentions after she made a shocking confession about her views on engagements. If that wasn’t surprising enough, Rachel took her final three suitors home and only two really seemed to really jell with her family. And to top it all off, Rachel ended the episode in tears! (Like, tears streaming down your face tears) Yeah, this week was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. Here are this week’s most shocking Bachelorette moments!
1. Rachel switched up the game and took her final three to meet her family in Dallas. Because her sister was 8 months pregnant, instead of having her family join her for the last leg of her Bachelorette journey in Spain, Rach’s family EXCLUDING her dad, met her suitors at their home in Texas.
2. Peter FINALLY confessed he’s falling in love with Rachel.(About time)
3. There’s a feud brewing between Peter and Bryan, and let’s just say Peter’s the only one aware of it. After calling Bryan annoying and arrogant in his sit down interview Peter straight up told Bryan that he didn’t want to be sitting on the couch with him. Yikes!
4. Eric told Rachel’s sister Constance that he loves Rachel unconditionally but isn’t in love with her. (Try again, sir!)
5. Eric asked for Rachel’s hand in marriage but Rachel’s mom in a round about way said no. Mrs. Lindsay basically told him that she trusts Rachel’s judgment, whatever that may be.
6. Bryan told Rachel’s family his mom is the number one woman in his life and his hometown visit went down the tubes from there. The Miami native’s usual charm didn’t work on the Lindsays as Rachel’s family wasn’t buying what Bryan was selling and began to question his sincerity. During their line of questioning, Bryan walked out of Rachel’s family dinner leading Rachel to tell her family she was “low-key” annoyed with them. (Meaning she was high-key annoyed).
7. Bryan also asked for Rachel’s hand in marriage and Rachel’s mom once again skirted around the answer by saying she trusts Rachel’s judgment.
8. Eric got the first offer to go into the fantasy suite.
9. Rachel told Peter that she didn’t think that an engagement at the end of this necessarily meant that they were getting married, and Peter vehemently disagreed. (Girl, what?)
10. Rachel said for the first time she couldn’t see herself with Peter and was completely devastated after he revealed he wasn’t budging on his feelings about getting engaged.
What is happening, Rachel?
The Bachelorette airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC.