Celebrity hair stylist Matthew Monzon created Zosia Mamet’s pretty up-do for VH1’s You Oughta Know in Concert in New York on Monday evening, adding a little surprise to the look by incorporating some fishtail braids in the back. Here he breaks down the process so that you can achieve a similar style at home.
• To get the texture right I sprayed Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo for Brunettes onto the roots and throughout the hair.
• I put the hair into two ponytails, one on top of the other, and fishtail braided each one separately.
• Before braiding, I left a small section of hair out of the top ponytail to use in the next step.
• Once the braids were secured, I used the extra piece of hair to stitch the two braids together, weaving in and out, bringing both braids together as one. *If you can’t picture this, think about lacing your shoes.
• I then pulled apart at the braids to create a loose simple texture. I took the braid and folded and pinned it up against the back of the head and secured with a few hairpins.
• I set the whole look with L’Oreal Elnett Hair Spray.
Which hair product is your personal styling secret weapon? Share it in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.