Courteney Cox is engaged! The 50-year-old Cougar Town actress announced the happy news on Twitter, at the exact time as her fiance Johnny McDaid.”I’m engaged to him!” she tweeted alongside a selfie, at the same time Johnny tweeted “I’m engaged to her!” Pretty cute, guys. Here are some things you need to know about Johnny.
1. He’s a younger man. True to the title of her show, Courteney is 50 to Johnny’s 37. It’s not Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher, but it is more than a decade.
2. British singer Ed Sheeran set them up. He’s a mutual friend between the pair. He was also the one to spill that they had moved in together back in April.
3. He’s a rock star! Johnny plays piano and guitar in Snow Patrol. Remember their big song “Chasing Cars” from Grey’s Anatomy?
4. The relationship moved fast. The couple met last year and have been dating for eight months.
5. Johnny probably proposed on her 50th birthday. The couple were vacationing in Turks and Caicos last week for her birthday. What a gorgeous place to ask!
What do you think of this couple? Did you know Courteney Cox was dating someone? Do they seem like a good match? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!