Kim Kardashian had hoped she could take the high road. She thought that the controversy would die down if she stayed silent. But then Kris Humphries went public with his accusation that their marriage was built on fraud, saying he would seek an annulment — and Kim's world came crashing down all over again. OK! has all the scoop on Kim's side of the story!
"When Kim saw that he was filing for fraud in the annulment, she just shook her head," recalls a confidante. "She was just so mad and upset and frustrated."
"I believe in love and the dream of having a perfect relationship, but my idea of it has changed," Kim said in a post-split interview. "I think I need not live in a fairy tale like that. I think I maybe need to just snap out of it and be a little more realistic."
Kris' accusation that their marriage was a "fraud" made Kim, 31, cry, admits a pal. But knowing it was time to finally speak out, she turned to her friends first.
FOR MORE OF KIM'S SIDE OF THE STORY ON HER MARRIAGE TO KRIS HUMPHRIES, PICK UP THE NEW ISSUE OF OK! — IN STORES THURSDAY!
• Mason wants a boy! As Kourtney Kardashian glows with a new pregnancy, her toddler son is rooting for a little brother.
• Kristen Stewart’s betrayal: Robert Pattinson is spotted out with K-Stew’s former co-star, Sarah Roemer.
• Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett’s baby joy! She opens up to OK! about what the future holds for her family.
• He may be young enough to be her son, but Jennifer Lopez is steaming it up with boy toy Casper Smart.
• Since her split from Corey Simms, Teen Mom’s Leah Messer has changed her looks so drastically, she’s almost unrecognizable.
• Hollywood’s Cutest Mini Me’s — It’s twice as fun when these A-listers, like Halle Berry and Gwen Stefani, dress to match their adorable kids.
• These top 10 stars who’ve adopted have it all now that their kids have come into their lives.