Cristián de la Fuente is recovering comfortably at home after undergoing surgery to repair his bicep, the actor announced.

“Thank you to everyone for their concern and well wishes,” the Dancing with the Stars alum says.

His surgery “went very nicely,” Dr. Neal S. Elayrache tells Entertainment Tonight. “I was able to get a perfect repair of the bicep. Cristián will spend about a week in a splint then start rehab. In about 3 months he will have a full recovery and strength back."

The 34-year-old actor, who can next be seen in USA’s In Plain Sight, tore a tendon in his arm last month while performing the samba on the ABC hit. After consulting with doctors, he decided to delay surgery to continue the show. He and partner Cheryl Burke made it all the way to the final three and was eliminated during the finale last Tuesday.

But don’t think he’ll be heading back to the ballroom once he’s all healed.

"I have hung up my dancing shoes!" Cristián says. "I will now spend time with my family."

Sound off in the comments below!

Join the conversation