Among this week’s breaking news-packed edition of OK! -um, La Lohan has a secret sister and Madge may be making out with A-Rod – we’ve also included “15 Tips for Getting (and keeping) a Guy.” Doing some further investigation, when I was on a recent Virgin America SuperFly Wednesday singles flight (basically Virgin America’s attempt to make the skies an alternative meet, mingle and dating destination), I caught up with former The Bachelor and The Bachelorette star Bob Guiney. I’ve gotta be honest, prior to meeting the two-time star of reality dating shows my expectations for finding him company of choice weren’t so high, except for the points he earned for being a member of the Band from TV (with Hugh Lorie, Greg Grunberg, Bonnie Somerville and James Denton). Thankfully, I was most pleasantly surprised to find over the course of our 15 hours en route to and hanging out in Las Vegas, that Bob is a blast to be around and a really fun, humble and dare I say witty and intelligent guy. Being on dating shows, twice, and now happily married to Rebecca Budig from All My Children, I asked him to help me out with some guys advice on dating. Here’s his Top Ten:
10 Don’t be early. Seems desperate.?
9. Don’t be late. Seems desperate.?
8. Try not to talk about your ex too much. Especially if it’s really nice. Be brief.?
7. Don’t ask the age old question, "boxers/briefs?" It’s just not funny!?
6. Wear a scent – but don’t BATHE in it! There can be too much of a good thing!?
5. Just relax & enjoy! Don’t put too much on it! In the end you may never see each other again/or you might – so just enjoy the moment.
4. Leave the blackberry in the purse. At least PRETEND like we’re interesting!?
3. Dress it down a little. And I guess by this, I mean don’t wear your prom dress if we’re heading out for Mexican!?
2. Have some drinks (if you do) but not so many you forget our name… Or puke. Again, there can be too much of a good thing!?
1. EAT. Come on!!! Have a meal! Nothing is sexier than a woman who loves food, And doesn’t forget our name… And doesn’t puke.