BREAKING NEWS
OK LogoNEWS

DWTS: What Happened to Mark McGrath?

Aug. 25 2008, Published 7:49 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

In the weeks leading up to this morning's announcement of the celebrities taking part in Season 7 of Dancing With the Stars, Mark McGrath had been on just about every spoiler list as a definite member of the cast. But the former Extra host didn't make the cut — so what happened?

“They did talk to us about being on the show,” Mark’s manager, Chip Quigley reveals to OK!, adding that the 40-year-old had actually been approached before. “We love the show, but it just wasn’t something Mark wanted to do.”

Article continues below advertisement

Instead, Mark is back in the studio with his band, Sugar Ray, and he hopes to have a new album out by next year.

“We’ve been in the studio the last couple of months and are ready to go full-bore here and really work to get a record out by March or April,” says Chip.

But a return to TV isn’t out of the question. Chip says that Mark will probably be seen on Extra. “They’ll probably be showcasing Mark’s music effort and that side of him, which they’ve definitely kept the door open for us to do.”

MORE ON:
NEWS

So is there any hope for Mark's fans to see him on DWTS? “I don’t think so,” says Chip. “We’re back working on our music career, that’s where Mark’s focus is.”

The seventh season of Dancing With the Stars kicks off Monday, Sept. 22 at 8 p.m. on ABC.

By Delaina Dixon

Advertisement

Want OK! each day? Sign up here!

More From OK! Magazine

    Opt-out of personalized ads

    © Copyright 2024 OK!™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. OK! is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.