The L.A. County coroner has confirmed that 25-year old Brad Renfro died from an accidental overdose of heroin.

The cause of death was ruled "accute heroin/morphine intoxication," and the drugs were injected, according to the coroner’s office. "The final manner of death has been ruled an accident," the coroner reported. Renfro was found dead in his L.A. home on Jan. 15.

Last August, the actor — who had a long public battle with drugs — told a judge he was trying to get his life back together and get clean. He was set to return to court later this month for a status check.


Renfro appeared in more than a dozen films, including The Client and Apt Pupil.



Sound off in the comments below!

Join the conversation