Paula Abdul may have judged Jason Castro’s latest Idol performance before it had happened, but it sounds like she was right on the money when she said he wasn’t fighting hard enough.

 

It turns out that the man himself had said before the show that he was "ready to go home".

 

The dreadlocked singer told Entertainment Weekly that he had spent the weekend hanging out with his buddies and he hadn’t got around to practicing.

The 20-year-old Texan, whose Neil Diamond covers won a lukewarm response on Tuesday, said that he had been overwhelmed by the Idol experience and found some of the adulation from fans a little "weird".

The Top Four finalist said that his mentor session with Diamond had gone "really bad" because he had spent his time with his brother and a friend rather than preparing for their meeting.

We know that Jason is a laid-back buy, but he might have already thrown in the towel.

"What happens happens," he said about his future on the show. "I’ll sing and if people like it, they like it. And if they don’t, they don’t. I’m kind of ready to go home."

 

"It’s been overwhelming," he explained. "I got 150 balloons yesterday delivered to the studio because people heard I was sick last week.

 

"That’s cool, but that’s just weird."

 

Who knows what this will mean for Jason, but since Paula made such a good call on this one, maybe she should judge all the contestants before they perform!

Sound off in the comments below!

Join the conversation