From Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff to Derek Hough and Shannon Elizabeth, Dancing With the Stars has always been a place for single stars to strike up a romance with their professional dance partners. But the newly announced cast of the hit ABC show will test the limits of three —yes, 3 — already established couples.
First, country superstar Jewel and her rodeo champ husband Ty Murray will face off in the competition. Then, show pro Karina will try to out-mentor her own fiancé, Maksim Chmerkovskiy. The one current couple who won’t be trying to one-up their better half is made up of pro dancer Julianne Hough and her boyfriend and dance partner, country singer Chuck Wicks.
As reported exclusively by OK! last week, former Jackass Steve-O made the cut for the show. Joining the prankster are a varied list of celebrities:
• Belinda Carlisle, pop star
• David Alan Grier, actor and comedian
• Shawn Johnson, Olympic gold-medal gymnast
• Lil’ Kim, rapper
• Gilles Marini, actor and model
• Nancy O’Dell, co-host of Access Hollywood
• Denise Richards, actress
• Lawrence Taylor, NFL Hall of Famer
• Steve Wozniak, co-founder Apple Computers
Find out how this new cast of stars does when they take the dance floor for the first time on March 9.